Today AWS is passing on to you a glimpse at 15 wacky actualities you probably did not know before you read this blog. The world is full of useless, yet entertaining, information and we would be crazy not to shed some light on this topic. There’s just two more days until the weekend, so enjoy this Wacky Wednesday treat from all of us at AWS. Check it out:
- Manatees possess vocal chords which give them the ability to speak like humans, but don’t do so because they have no ears with which to hear the sound.
- Some gerbils are actually born pregnant.
- Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
- The Bible, the world’s best-selling book, is also the world’s most shoplifted book.
- The little boy who did the voice of Bambi grew to become the youngest drill instructor ever in the Marines.
- Kissing is more hygienic and healthier than shaking hands.
- Yawns are not only contagious among humans, but among domesticated dogs as well.
- The term “nerd” originated from Dr. Seuss’ 1950’s book, If I Ran The Zoo.”
- Singing exercises your heart, lungs and releases endorphins, making you feel good.
- Chickens with white earlobes will lay white eggs, while chickens with red earlobes lay brown eggs.
- A human’s natural sleep pattern is about 4 hours of sleep, then 2 hours of being awake, followed by another 4 hours of sleep.
- Cracking your knuckles does not hurt your bones or cause arthritis. The sound you hear is just gas bubbles bursting.
- Playing with puppies and kittens has been proven to relieve stress and help students perform better on tests.
Wacky Wednesday!! Hope today is a WaCkY DaY for you!!!