Oreo Cookies have come a long way since they were introduced 102 years ago!!!
March 6, 1912 was the date that Oreo cookies came to life! Originally named the Oreo Biscuit, they transformed into what we know at the Oreo today!
Originally they were sold for 25 cents a pound in novelty cans with clear glass tops, today Oreo’s come in many flavors, and have become a dessert favorite of many! Paired with a glass of milk nothing says good night like an Oreo Cookie and milk!
From Cheesecake, cupcakes, truffles, and milkshakes Oreo cookies make dessert more than just a household name.
Oreo Fun Facts to Celebrate !!!
- The original Oreo recipe included pork fat for the creamy center.
- Oreos are the world’s best-selling cookie.
- They can be found in more than 100 countries.
- It takes a total of 59 minutes to make an Oreo.
- When they first debuted, there was also a lemon meringue flavor of Oreos.
- In China, you can purchase green tea ice cream flavored Oreos.
- Women rather than men are more likely to pull their Oreos apart before eating them.
- If all the Oreos ever manufactured were stacked, they could reach the moon and back more than five times.
- Lemon meringue Oreos were discontinued in the 1920s.
- More than 450 billion Oreo cookies have been sold worldwide since their debut.
Today, on National Oreo Cookie Day grab a package of your favorites and pour a glass of milk and enjoy!!! My favorite is the Double Stuff, sometimes I dip them and sometimes I twist them apart!
What about you? Are you a dunker or a twister?