Going back for years there has been one day where we can play an April Fools Joke on anyone! At work, school and on our friends we can play the ultimate joke! Some people take the jokes to all kinds of levels on this day!
April Fools’ Day (sometimes called All Fools’ Day) is an informal holiday celebrated every year on April 1. The day is not a national holiday in any country, but it is widely recognized and celebrated as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other, called April fools. Hoax stories are also often found in the press and media on this day.
May 1st is also celebrated in Sweden as an alternative joking day. When someone has been fooled in Sweden, to disclose that it was a joke, the fooler says the rhyme April april din dumma sill, jag kan lura dig vart jag vill (“April, April, you stupid herring, I can fool you to wherever I want”).
December 28, the equivalent day in Spain. After somebody plays a joke or a prank on somebody else, the joker usually cries out, so they know that the joker was playing a prank!
April Fools Day is celebrated in other countries as well, so enjoy today as the day to play a joke is Today! Free reign to joke and be joked!
- •Bug Off – Purchase some realistic insects prior to April 1st and place the creepy crawlers in ice cubes, socks, shoes, food, etc.
- •Fill someone’s car with balloons.
- •Spray It – Put a rubber band around the kitchen sink’s sprayer and wait until someone turns the water on.
- Sticky Mouse ~ Use double sided tape under someone’s computer mouse or on the telephone receiver!
- Attach magnets to a large cup, place the cup on the hood or roof of the car and take off. Imagine the looks of passerbys.
Have a great day!! April Fools Day that is!!!