In celebration of National Picnic Day I’m sharing some picnic love! Picnics are FUN, casual and the food always seems to taste better when eaten outdoors in the middle of nowhere or a park.
A picnic is more than just a meal, it is enjoying family and food surrounded by natural beauty.
Here is a picnic checklist to get you started!
- Casual foods, preferably sandwiches or other things you can eat without utensils.
- Ice pack or bags of ice. Drinks.
- Bring an assortment of kid-friendly and adult beverages, such as bottled water and juice.
- Some ketchups and mustards come in mini jars that are small enough to throw in your tote. (Keep the jars to refill at home for your next picnic.)
- Salt and pepper. Allow everyone to season their food to their liking on the spot.
- Cups and plates. Utensils, if needed. (Opt for reusable utensils). Serving utensils, if needed.
- If you’re serving salads, you may need tongs or serving spoons.
- Cutting knife and napkins. Trash bags, moist towelettes & Paper towels.
- Blanket along with a tote, backpack, or picnic basket.
If the weather is a little cool today, grab a blanket, order a pizza and some stix throw in a movie and have an inside picnic while enjoying a show! Picnic’s inside are perfect year round and make for a great time with kids! Happy Picnic Day Everyone!!!